- Convenient single-button operation of groups of motorised blinds or curtains, roller shutters,
heating and cooling, and lighting.
- Flexible monitoring and control of motorised blinds or curtains from any Android or
Apple smart phone or Internet tablet using the C-Bus home automation Wiser home controller,
or Touchscreen controller.
- Local remote control of motorised curtains and blinds from your bed, seat or wheelchair using:
- IR-receiving C-Bus wall switches, PIRs detectors or
- RF remote control using wireless C-Bus home
automation remote controls or completely wireless wall switches.
- Remote control from outside your home of your electric blinds and curtains over the Internet
using your Wiser home automation controller,
or by phone or mobile phone
or SMS text messages.
- Automatic closing or opening of electric blinds and curtains when:
- It becomes dark or light outside, using the actual light level (taking season and weather into account).
- Your arm your automated
security to leave home.
- A security or fire
- More convincing occupancy
simulation to help discourage break-ins while you are away, by supplementing the clever use of
automated lighting with the
automatic opening and closing of electric blinds and curtains.
- Reduced energy consumption
by automatically closing electric blinds and curtains when the temperature difference between inside and outside
your home exceeds a programmable level, or when it becomes dark outside.
How to enjoy Clever Home automated control of your motorised curtains and blinds:
- Ask the company
supplying your motorised blinds or curtains to supply them
with flying leads or terminals for direct connection to the up/down or open/close motors,
but without any switches, remote controls, or any of their own "home automation" control devices.
Your Clever Home automation Engineer
may design, supply and program a professional home automation equipment that is more capable, flexible, and serviceable than
the control parts that the supplier of your motorised blinds/curtains may have available. We normally use Clipsal C-Bus electric blind control relays located in an accessible central location
to directly control the open/close or up/down motors, and integrated these relays with other quality home automation components to
achieve these benefits.
- Ask your Clever Home automation Engineer to produce a
Clever Home automation proposal.
A detailed Clever Home automation proposal may include devices directly controlling your
electric curtains and blinds of a type that may be integrated with the control of your lighting, heating and cooling, energy
monitoring, and security - or you may ask us to just make it much simpler to control multiple motorised blinds and curtains
in your home.
- Proceed with your Clever Home automation proposal.
Your Clever Home automation Engineer will work with
an electrician to install, commission and program the home automation equipment and cabling according to
your detailed Clever Home automation proposal. The electician may be your
favourite electician, an electrician that is already familiar with your home's electrical installation, the builder's electrician,
or an electrician that has previously worked with Clever Home on other home automation projects.
Wiring details for electric blinds or curtains with 240VAC motors, or with low voltage motors, are provided in the
Clipsal C-Bus Blind/Curtain Relay installation instructions.